Modifying text wrapping
Learn Basics for Modifying Text Wrapping
Text Wrapping: When pictures are first inserted, you may notice that it’s difficult to move them. This is because, by default, pictures are in line with the text. To arrange them, you’ll always need to choose a different text wrapping setting. To review how to modify text wrapping, visit our lesson on Pictures and Text Wrapping.
Understand Text wrapping:
To align two or more objects:
- Hold the Shift (or Ctrl) key and click the objects you want to align.
- From the Format tab, click the Align command and select one of the six alignment options.
- The objects will align based on the option you selected.
By default, Align Selected Objects will be selected, which will allow objects to be aligned without moving them to a different part of the page. If you want the objects to move to the top or bottom of the page, select Align to Page or Align to Margin before choosing an alignment option.
If you prefer to align objects manually, select View Gridlines. This option snaps objects to a grid, making it easier for you to align them with the mouse.
To distribute objects evenly:
If you have arranged objects in a row or column, you may want them to be an equal distance from one another for a neater appearance. You can do this by distributing the objects horizontally or vertically.
- Hold the Shift (or Ctrl) key and click the objects you want to align. The Format tab will appear.
- On the Format tab, click the Align command and select Distribute Horizontally or Distribute Vertically from the drop-down menu that appears.
- The objects will distribute evenly.
Ordering and rotating objects
Notwithstanding adjusting objects, Word gives you the capacity to arrange objects in a specific arrangement. The requesting is imperative when at least two objects overlap because it will figure out which objects are in the front or the back.
At the point when objects are embedded into a record, they are put on levels according to the order in which they were embedded into the archive. In the picture underneath, the table is on the best level, yet we can change the level to put it behind alternate items.